Download Alexa App for Windows 10 from Microsoft Store on your PC/Laptop. With Alexa you can simplify your life and use your voice to get more done. Just tap and ask Alexa to check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more.
Alexa on your PC/Windows even makes it easy to control your smart home from anywhere just by using your voice. Whether you’re at home or on the go, Alexa is designed to make your life easier.
Things to Try:
”Alexa, what’s on my calendar today?”
“Alexa, read me a book.”
“Alexa, turn on the light.”
“Alexa, what’s the weather at home?”
Alexa App Windows/PC/Laptop Features:
- Productivity: Make your home and work life easier with Alexa on your PC.
Alexa makes your PC experience better. Let Alexa help you set reminders, timers and alarms, create shopping and to do list and keep track of your calendar and appointments. Create a personalized lineup of news and sports from your favorite sources or check the weather before you plan your day.
- Entertainment: From music to audio books, let Alexa keep you entertained. Alexa allows you to control your music and entertainment with your voice. Listen to music from services like Amazon music or catch up on your favorite podcasts with Tune-in. Alexa can also play Audible professionally narrated audio books or read compatible Kindle books out loud.
- Smart Home: Control your smart home, from wherever, with Alexa. With Alexa on your PC, you can control smart home devices with your voice. Switch on the lamp without getting out of bed, turn on the fan or space heater from your favorite chair, or dim the lights from the couch.
- Alexa, Anywhere: Now you can talk to Alexa wherever you have your PC. No matter where you are, with Alexa for your PC, you can always talk to Alexa. Across the street or across the country, Alexa on your PC means Alexa is always with you, anytime, anywhere. Listen to your favorite podcast at the office, lock your back door from the airport or check your calendar from a hotel room – all with Alexa for your PC.
You need to know, using the Alexa app for PC, you need a compatible Windows 10 device and an Amazon account. You can find the Alexa app for PC offered as part of your Windows 10 device’s initial set up or download it directly.
How to Install & Setup Alexa
Download the Alexa app for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store from the Start Menu, open the Microsoft Store app, and search for “Alexa.” Check the System requirements section to confirm if your device is compatible, select Get and then follow the instructions on the screen.
Some Windows 10 devices have Alexa preinstalled or offered in their software management tools. To set up the Alexa app for PC, find the Alexa icon in the Start Menu or type “Alexa” into the Windows search bar. After that, just log in to your Amazon account and start using Alexa.
How to Using a Wake Word
If your Windows 10 device is compatible with hands-free access, you can say your wake word (for instance, “Alexa”) followed by a question or command. You can also select the Alexa icon at the bottom of the app, and then say your question or command.
To see if you can use a wake word:
- Open the Alexa app for PC menu.
- Select Settings.
- See if you can select the Wake Word option.
Note: To register and setup new Echo devices, you must visit https://alexa.amazon.com/spa/index.html#settings or use the Alexa app for iOS or Android.
The Alexa app for PC supports most of Alexa’s features and skills. You can just ask Alexa to control your smart home devices, check calendars, create shopping lists, answer questions, read the news, set timers and more.
To check for the latest features and skills, open the Alexa app for PC menu, and then select Things to Try. More information about Alexa for PC features and compatibility, go to https://www.amazon.com/alexaforpc.
If you’re having trouble with the Alexa app for PC, here are some solutions that may help:
- Check the status of your Internet connection. If your Windows 10 device is not connected to the Internet, you can’t shop, control smart home devices, or ask questions to Alexa.
- If you don’t see a network indicator in the task bar, you must connect it to the internet.
Update to the Latest Version
Update to the latest version of the Alexa app for PC to resolve most issues with Alexa content. To update the Alexa app for PC, select Quit App from the app menu, and then open the Alexa app for PC again. If a new update is available, you are prompted to install it.
If the issues persists, uninstall and reinstall the Alexa for PC app. If the Alexa for PC was installed using the software management tool provided by your device’s manufacturer, use this same tool for uninstall and reinstall the software again.
If you downloaded the Alexa for PC directly from the Microsoft Store, type “Add or Remove Programs” in the Windows 10 search box to open the App & Settings window. From the list of installed software, uninstall the Amazon Alexa item with the latest installation date.
Note: For login issues, check if your Windows 10 device is using a Firewall or a Proxy server, and make sure the Alexa app for PC is not blocked.